5.15.2008

Random Acts of God ~ rags
"be serious and watchful in your prayers" 1 peter 4:7 nkjv

sure the last little while i've been praying, taking time to myself, meditating but I guess the real question is have i been serious and watchful in my prayers or have i just been seeking an answer instead of seeking God and what He wants for me. After making my "decision" I came across this verse (and several others) that God placed in my path.

I'm not sure if this is because He's calling me back and saying "Yo guy! what are you doing your three weeks aren't up yet" you have to focus on me! not anything else!", but i'm feeling called to do so.

"Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the deveil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour" 1 peter 5:8 nkjv

It took me a while to figure this one out but I went to my new sexy bible and it said this

be sober - healthy mind, in tune with God, it is to be watchful and mindful of what you allow into your mind
be vigilant - be morally alert!

be watchful of what you allow into your mind
i think that kicked me, and hard, as though the past week and a half has just been a small stepping stone to what God has in stored for me instead. To push out everything else that tries to enter into my mind and to allow Him not only into my mind but also my heart.

"Let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to him in doing good, as to a faithful creator" 1 Peter 4:19 nkjv

To do this, i have to commit my soul to him - pretty self explanatory. FOCUS. Not be distracted.

and

"cast ALL your care upon Him for He CARES for you" 1 Peter 5:7 nkjv

And what would God be if he didn't finish me up with that word of comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home